(Note: The following is a summary of the philosophy of the of the International Conservative Holiness Association)
The International Conservative Holiness Association is…
- Composed of servants of God – ministers and laymen – whose hearts are burdened and who earnestly desire to maintain the concepts and practices which holiness people have traditionally accepted as the true way of God
- Aggressive in it’s evangelistic outreach, firmly believing that the world is it’s parish.
- Committed to conserve in a bond of holy fellowship, wherever possible and for Christ’s sake, any who seek to keep blessed of God, follow His holy way, and remain undeceived in these last days.
- Set for the defense of the Gospel and desires to do battle for principles that are not marketable.
- Engaged in supporting a charitable attitude toward any who do not elect to align themselves with those who hold these views.
- Furthermore the International Conservative Holiness Association is…
- In favor of honoring the individual conscience.
- Opposed to any ecclesiastical system which suppresses the individual and makes the masses subject to the control of the few to the destruction of the democratic process.
- In favor of the anointed preaching of prophets sent from God who are not turned from their mission by concern for ecclesiastical approval.
- Opposed to church kitchens, recreational halls, and church athletic programs as inherent violations of sacred responsibility and method.
- In favor of free and anointed public services that are a rebuke to formalism and considers Spirit-led emotionalism an essential part of the church’s success.
- Opposed to immodest apparel, worldly fashions, and jewelry in addition to makeup, mannish clothing and cut hair for women.
In favor of progress so long as it is in harmony with the Bible and genuine spirituality and contributes to the long-range up-building of God’s Kingdom.
- Opposed to secularism, compromise, and self-deception, all of which trend to disregard the dangers inherent in such diversions as television, secret lodges, mixed swimmings, and intercollegiate athletics.
- In favor of giving careful consideration to maintaining clear conscience in the light of its heritage and commitments and avoiding dangerous pitfalls by the process of simply ignoring the advice given by wise and spiritual forefathers.
- In short the International Conservative Holiness Association believes…
- The Bible to be the Word of God and that liberties taken with it will result in eternal destruction for souls. Therefore, in matters of doctrine, internal attitude and external standard it seeks to follow the Bible even though such a course may be diametrically opposed to the spirit of the age and the mood of the church world in general and the holiness movement in particular. It believes, on this basis, knowing that “the Church which is married to the spirit of the age will find herself a widow in the next generation.”